The use of computer has been very rampant over the years that is has become a necessity for many people. They do their work with computers – their assignments, and other everyday tasks. For gamers, your computer is not complete until it has a good keyboard. Why you need the best mechanical keyboards? Because it will give you great feeling when typing, long lasting & programable keys to do important shortcuts within blink of an eye. Not all keyboards can withstand the pressure on it as a result of gaming activities. What a lot of people do not know is that these keyboards can be categorized into two – the basic keyboard and the mechanical keyboard.
For the sake of this article, we will focus on the mechanical keyboards. The mechanical keyboards can be differentiated from the basic ones by their functions and mechanism. The mechanical keyboard comes with features that allow it to last long no matter the demands placed on it. Unlike the basic ones that under similar conditions will only break down after few months of being used. Mechanical keyboards will not last you. Unlike the basic ones that under similar conditions will break down after few months of being used. Mechanical keyboards will not last you for long period of time, they will help you get low on the typo errors usually made with the basic keyboards.
What makes a Good Mechanical Keyboard?
- 1 What makes a Good Mechanical Keyboard?
- 2 What to Consider When Buying a Mechanical Keyboard
- 3 Top 10 Best Mechanical Keyboards Reviewed By PCShouters:
- 3.1 1. Das Keyboard Model S Ultimate Mechanical Keyboard
- 3.2 2. CM Storm Quickfire Rapid Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- 3.3 3. Razer Black Widow Stealth Edition Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- 3.4 4. Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Stealth
- 3.5 5. TteSPORTS Poseidon Z Blue Switch Illuminated Keyboard
- 3.6 6. QPAD 3202 MK-85 Pro Gaming Mechanical Keyboard
- 3.7 7. Rosewill RK-9000V2 Mechanical Keyboard
- 3.8 8. Logitech G710+ Mechanical Gaming Keyboard with High-Speed Keys
- 3.9 9. Lenovo Y Gaming Mechanical Keyboard
- 3.10 10. DEAYOKA Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- Programmable G keys
- Incredible responsiveness
- Dedicated media controls
- Better comfort
What to Consider When Buying a Mechanical Keyboard
- Layout : The first thing you need to look for is the layout. The traditional keyboard can hold 104-keys, which means it has a full Numpad, a function row, and arrow cluster. This is probably the most convenient keyboard but it costs a little more than with the keyboards with smaller options plus they are big.
- Switches : The switches are what makes a mechanical keyboard mechanical. These switches come in three varieties: clicky, tactile, and linear. Clicky switches make an audible sound when it is pressed. Tactile switches have a bump feel when pressed but it does not click. Linear switches do not click and it does not have a tactile bump. It is left for you to make your choice of switch preferred.
- Keycaps : Knowing the right keycaps is important because there are keys that are printed and some have backlight keys that tend to light up when used. The printed keys tend to fade away and the backlight keys might be much more expensive that the printed ones.
- Durability : Another good feature of mechanical keyboards is that they would last a long time. Generally, keyboards have a maximum capacity of the number of presses. If you exceed this number then your keyboard will most likely malfunction or be destroyed. The mechanical keyboard has also this kind of limitation however, the number of presses it can withstand per key is much more than the average keyboard. This means that you can use a mechanical keyboard longer compared to the normal type of keyboard.
Also, Check the below review if you want to buy wireless gaming headphones for ultimate gaming :
These are only some of the benefits that you can get from the mechanical keyboards. However, they are already enough to convince most people to stitch from the basic type of keyboard to mechanical type of keyboards.
With all these benefits it is only natural that mechanical keyboards will be expensive. Their costs are somewhat big. So those that are thinking about buying one might back out just by looking at the prices that are displayed. You should not worry because there are lots of mechanical keyboards that are budget friendly – under 1000$. Below is a list of the top ten best mechanical keyboards in the market.
Top 10 Best Mechanical Keyboards Reviewed By PCShouters:
1. Das Keyboard Model S Ultimate Mechanical Keyboard
You might think that the price is too high for a mechanical keyboard, you’re right, but the Das Keyboard Model S gives more than your money’s worth. The gold plated mechanical key switches can rate for up to 50 million key presses, the elegant feeling when typing this mechanical keyboard can give a comfortable experience.
- Supports hand and ear coordination
- Heavy construction
- Integrated USB hub
- It can maintain full n-key rollover
- Now works with KVMs
- This is very expensive
- It contains no media keys of any kind
- The Full n-key rollover requires PS/2 port connection
2. CM Storm Quickfire Rapid Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
It gives an all-encompassing CM Storm experience. The CM Storm is a high-grade mechanical keyboard. It gives a great quality of experience in all sorts of use, and it has this attractive minimalistic design.
- It produces sounds that are pleasing when typing
- In gaming it has a quick actuation time which is good in accuracy when playing.
- Its size gives more space in desk.
- It has no number pads on the right side which is essential in some games.
3. Razer Black Widow Stealth Edition Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
The Razer Black Widow Ultimate Stealth is the quieter edition of its popular mechanical keyboard; however, the softening sound that it produces gave the typing experience in this keyboard a little stiffer.
- It produces less clacking noise.
- Its matte finish produces no fingerprints and smudge marks.
- It has downloadable software and is easy to use.
- Macro editing is available.
- Key’s are not as light in the previous model.
4. Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Stealth
The Razer Ultimate 2016 is a durable, responsive keyboard that is flexible in what you want out of a peripheral view because of its backlight. The keys are less crisps or hard to press, which gives a smooth typing, compared to some mechanical keyboards.
- New key switches offer faster in-game action.
- Solid design is unchanged.
- Audio and USB pass-through connections built in.
- Matte finish smudges easily.
5. TteSPORTS Poseidon Z Blue Switch Illuminated Keyboard
This keyboard is an option for those who want an illuminated mechanical keyboard for a cheap price – under $1000. Each key is individually backlit with 4-levels of brightness to choose from. It comes with a 5-year warranty which should make you feel comfortable about it lasting the long run.
- Adjustable brightness
- Illuminated keyboard
- No cherry switches
6. QPAD 3202 MK-85 Pro Gaming Mechanical Keyboard
This keyboard uses the Cherry MX switches and this ensures efficient and comfortable typing. It also has an adjustable back lighting which you can tweak to your preferences. It has a standard keyboard layout which makes it easier to use for newbie. They are already familiar with the layout.
- Adjustable backlighting
- Keyboard layout is standard
- The numlock, capslock and scrolllock indicators are not hooked up to the dimmer system
7. Rosewill RK-9000V2 Mechanical Keyboard
Looking for a keyboard that would last long and give you exactly what you want? This is it. This mechanical keyboard has a good quality build for a keyboard of cheap price. It also employs the trustworthy Cherry MX switches that are also used on high-end keyboards. So you can expect that they quality you will get when typing is more than what you have actually paid for. Plus, it comes with amazing features that allows you control with ease. This is one of the best mechanical keyboard under 100 dollars that are available.
- Easy control because of its media shortcuts
- Can cause damage to the eye because of the led indicators
8. Logitech G710+ Mechanical Gaming Keyboard with High-Speed Keys
This keyboard comes with Cherry MX Brown switches and O-rings that provides for a quiet typing experience – a great choice for gamers. It also has programmable function keys, dedicated media buttons, a detachable wrist rest, and backlit keys. All of these features allow you to have a satisfying typing experience – the keys and the backlight lighting. The legends on the keyboard are not the same to the other keyboards which can cause quite confusion. And as for quality Logitech is all about quality in everything tech accessories they offer.
- Media controls are built-in; which makes controlling it a lot easier
- Lighting design may not be durable
- Wrist rest can easily get damaged
9. Lenovo Y Gaming Mechanical Keyboard
The lenovo Y gaming keyboard has a decent keys and great macro features, but because of its obnoxious design it takes great space in your desk. Some may not look the way it looks but i love it and after using it for such long time i can say that it’s one of the best mechanical keyboards. This is the best budget mechanical keyboard you can afford with almost all the features.
- Excellent Macro recording
- Decent keys
- Large obnoxious design
- Limited software
10. DEAYOKA Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
It has a high quality features, with 104 keys, 19 keys non-conflict, and mechanical feel keyboard, strengthened space key, specially designed keys for enhanced durability and tactile feedback, mechanical keyboard feeling. It also features specially designed keys for enhanced durability and tactile feedback, mechanical keyboard feeling. This is one the best cheap mechanical keyboard available out there under $50 dollars.
- Large keys give an ease when pressed
- It is perfect for gaming and everyday use
- Three Color Backlit
Sometimes, what it takes to get the job done is not going to be your regular type of keyboard, rather the mechanical keyboard is what you need. Mechanical keyboards have a very durable switches which will last longer, more consistent, and is more comfortable than a common/cheap keyboard. With this type of keyboards, mechanical typos can be reduced to the barest minimum; and that means accuracy for the writers. There are wireless mechanical keyboards as well which you can choose if you don’t want to deal with wires and all. Frankly speaking i love the usb ones with wires because with the wireless keyboards we have to change the battery too often and for a heavy user like me the battery drains up even faster. But we will do a review of best wireless mechanical keyboards that are available and come back to you.
Check : Best Portable Bluetooth Speakers
If you intend to use your keyboards on a regular basis and for activities like gaming (especially when it is hardcore) and other activities that places demand on your keypads, you should seriously consider the mechanical keyboards. The benefits one can derive from these types of keyboards are just amazing. With the above reviewed mechanical keyboards, you are guaranteed of a satisfying keyboarding experience. What are you waiting for? You can get these products from your regular store around – go get yours.